Slider

greeeeeeeen juice

Monday, March 17, 2014






Hello my darling readers:) This morning we were jolted awake by a 4.4 earthquake wake-up-call. Crap. Even though I've lived in California most of my life, I will never get used to them. Our bed jumped what felt like a few feet off the ground, DP and I clutched each other with death grips and Lena nervously paced around the bedroom for almost an hour afterwards. We lie there, listening to all the neighborhood car alarms and Lena's clickclickclicking, wondering if there would be a second one. I could definitely think of more fun ways to ring in St. Patrick's Day. Now that I think of it, we should've drunk some Irish whiskey to celebrate and calm our nerves at the same time.

Despite being delicious and crazy good for you, green juice is probably up there with earthquakes in terms of St. Patrick's Day fun. Unless your idea of fun is being super healthy. If so, I admire you. If you're normal, my suggestion is to make it tomorrow. Or spike it with a little whiskey.


Green Juice
yields about 20 oz, or 2 portions

1 small bunch celery
3 persian cucumbers
2 small granny smith apples
2-3 inches ginger
5 giant handfuls baby spinach

Wash and trim all veggies, halve the apples and throw everything into your juicer. Drink up!

xoxo
jolie

P.S. Other Green Joeycake Faves:
Avocado Toast
Banana Chocolate Almond Kale Smoothie
Zucchini and Leek Fritters
Roasted Broccolini with Chili and Lemon
Kale Soup

P.P.S. Remind me to tell you about a recent commercial audition where I had to pretend-conduct a symphony orchestra while wearing only underwear. YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP.

1 comment:

  1. this looks beautiful! i've been buying juices from the cafe across the street but i'm always interested in the idea of making my own. thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan